Are you taking time off to rest to relax and rejuvenate?
Fact: Your brain needs a break to regenerate and be brilliant.
Fact: Your cells, muscles, bones and organs need rest to renew themselves.
Fact: Your emotional well being needs a moment to reset.
So when we all get so busy…What can we do? Most of us have so many plates spinning we have the illusion there is no time to take that break. The fact is, we do! And we must take time, albeit moments, to give ourselves a break. Science demonstrates time and time again that when you slow down, it actually allows you to speed up. You are more productive, more brilliant and more successful!
Here are some ideas for you to begin practicing taking moments and resting and regenerating.
- Step outside and take a breath of fresh air for a moment. Breathe and look around, Check into all your senses
- Take a walk – even when you have the thought, “I have no time” Walk out the door for 5 minutes before coming back in
- Lie down for 10-15 minutes for a power nap. It’s stunning how this can reset all your systems
- Stand up and take 3 minutes to do diaphragmatic breathing
- Do 3-4 yoga poses for 5-6 minutes – include Ujjayi breathing. Just 1 sun salutation can shift your state and focus
- Run a salt bath. This will center, detoxify and regenerate your whole body
- Those Brits might have something…stop and have a cup of tea
- Drink more water. Your body is 70% water and most of us with all the indoors we are doing are running around dehydrated
- Focus on one task at a time…don’t multi task
- Make decisions when you are fresh and rested. Scientific American states too many decisions in a day start to diminish the thinking needed to make great, smart decisions
Sometimes a Dynamic Life needs a breath!
Take a break…rest, renew, rejuvenate and regenerate.
Your assignment today…take a Time Out!