I hope you tried one or two of the tips from last week to have strong and longer brain health.
Lets’ dive into a few more areas that if you just employ a couple of ideas in each area you will live longer and stronger. After all, why live long if you can’t have the fabulous life you love! I am here to encourage you and support you to have a Dynamic Life!
Today, let’s look at Sleep, Heart and Diet.
We all need SLEEP that counts…which means you need to fall asleep at the time you put your head on the pillow. And not flip around like a fish out of water working on sleeping. A couple of tips for falling to sleep easily:
- Make your bed. Studies show those who make their bed fall asleep more easily
- Cut out the ambient light. Face the alarm clock away from you and place your devices screen down
- Turn on a fan to cut out any startling noise
Do these few things to increase your HEART health:
- Start with 10 minutes or more of resistance training. Try doing planks, pushups, or sits next to a wall if you can’t do weights
- Add avocados into everything. You can use it in place of sour cream – the oil will make your brain happy
- Walk to stave off cravings
- Bananas in your smoothies or breakfast oatmeal adds potassium to balance out your sodium levels
Clean up your DIET:
- Find your favorite salad dressing and dip veggies into it for your snacks to increase vegetable, water content, live food intake
- Snack before shopping in order to be mindful of what you fuel your body with
- Add more FIBER, easy by making a smoothie. Include spinach, kale, banana, orange mint and a squeeze of lemon
Our last Live Longer & Stronger tip for today is to get back into SHAPE. Many of us have added a few pounds during our time of more sitting and staying indoors. Added weight will definitely weaken you and rob you of years in your life. Here are a couple of things to add into your life to make it easy:
- Stand on all of your phone calls
- “Commute”…since you have been sitting, take that commuting time you are not actually driving, and walk around the block or up and down stairs, bicycle or jog
- Stretch. Flexibility/balance definitely help you to move easily and keep you young
Look at the list as adding years to your life and life to your years. Select a few or one in each category and Live Longer & Stronger. This is definitely a key to having a Dynamic Life.